Fifth Gear S13E08 WS PDTV XviD-iNGOT [eztv] | Naruto Shippuden - Film 6 - Road to Ninja VostFR | Adobe Photoshop Lightroom v5.4.
Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews


Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -


Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events
Register FAQ Community DVDTalk Wiki Calendar Price Search Search

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-12-18, 03:37 PM   #5976
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Rosemount, MN
Posts: 28,559
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi View Post
Where did you get that she was hired for diversity reasons? Even if the police preferred hiring a woman, I am sure they could have found strong women who meet your standards. They do exist, I think.
I've worked with plenty of female police officers, that size, who could kick the shit out of anyone who got in their way.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-18, 03:58 PM   #5977
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,065
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven View Post
I've worked with plenty of female police officers, that size, who could kick the shit out of anyone who got in their way.
Yes, but do they look strong?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-18, 04:13 PM   #5978
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Rosemount, MN
Posts: 28,559
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi View Post
Yes, but do they look strong?
Well, they certainly couldnít handle a proton pack.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-18, 08:33 PM   #5979
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Posts: 14,669
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi View Post
Where did you get that she was hired for diversity reasons? Even if the police preferred hiring a woman, I am sure they could have found strong women who meet your standards. They do exist, I think.
No one wants to be a cop these days. Especially women. Theyíll take anyone.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-18, 08:36 PM   #5980
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Posts: 14,669
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven View Post
I've worked with plenty of female police officers, that size, who could kick the shit out of anyone who got in their way.
No they canít.

5í nothing and 125# canít do much.

She looks like a powder puff, and her actions involving shooting this guy prove what an incapable police officer she was.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-18, 09:50 PM   #5981
DVD Talk Legend
 
Nick Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 20,881
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

I knew a 5'1" woman in the late 1980s who did Brazilian full-contact martial arts. In tournaments she kicked opponents out cold.

She could have kicked the shit out of anyone who wasn't a trained martial artist.
__________________
Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler: Nick is the coolest!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-18, 11:31 PM   #5982
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Posts: 14,669
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Cool story. This trigger happy dipshit couldn’t do that in her dreams.

Are you people actually trying to defend this cop? She’s got her daughter in a racist T-shirts on top of it all.

Since when is this the bluelivesmatter thread. Lock her up.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-18, 11:53 PM   #5983
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,065
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

I don't see anyone defending her. But I don't get how you concluded that she was weak just from the picture, and that she was hired, despite being weak, for diversity reasons.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-18, 01:27 AM   #5984
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Posts: 14,669
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

What are you? Her defense attorney? People who fire blindly into apartments are weak. Strong people wait until justifiable cause to fire presents itself. She’s not a civilian, she’s a cop (though she should never have been one). There’s a higher standard for cops. Or there should be.

She’s also a short, scrawny person. Irrefutable photographic evidence proves it.

Her actions prove that she should never have been a cop. Wrong fucking apartment. WTF? Only a brain dead dipshit.... I mean god damn.

Last edited by Mabuse; 09-13-18 at 01:35 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-18, 01:30 AM   #5985
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,065
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabuse View Post
What are you? Her defense attorney? People who fire blindly into apartments are weak. Strong people wait until justifiable cause to fire presents itself. She’s not a civilian, she’s a cop (though she should never have been one). There’s a higher standard for cops. Or there should be.
You concluded that she was physically weak just from her picture. That has nothing to do with her being weak minded. And you still haven't talked about how you decided she was hired for diversity reasons. Confused much?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-18, 01:38 AM   #5986
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Posts: 14,669
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

She opened fire because she is physically weak. Not weak minded. That’s what I already said. The gun compensates for her inadequacies. Typical bad cop.

Her picture shows that she is a diminutive person with no muscle. She’s a literal runt.

Last edited by Mabuse; 09-13-18 at 01:43 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-18, 01:55 AM   #5987
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Posts: 14,669
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread



Update: #whitelivesmatter is her mom. Runts run in the family.

It’s honestly laughable. I thought it had to be a younger daughter.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-18, 03:13 AM   #5988
DVD Talk Hero
 
Josh-da-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Bible Belt
Posts: 29,020
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Well, there was at least one life that didn’t seem to matter...
__________________
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."

-- Lucius Annaeus Seneca
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-18, 12:06 AM   #5989
DVD Talk Legend
 
Abob Teff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Not necessarily Formerly known as Solid Snake
Posts: 18,172
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

I guess it shouldn’t surprise me, but the reactions here really do surprise me. I’m not defending this woman by any stretch, but god damn ... you all need to wait for some actual facts to come in before jumping on your high horses.

I’m saying this as a “friend” (as much as one can be to people he has never met). I’ve had my share of healthy debates — and some unhealthy ones — on here, but at the end of the day I still respect each and every one of you. However the recent posts in this thread gives me some pause on that.

Maybe I’m having a more adverse reaction to the posts because of how fucked up I think the world is getting. I’m not saying any of you are wrong or right, I’m just asking that you go back to being rational people who have intelligent discussions based on facts. The last two pages have been filled with very little beyond speculative conjecture and outright misplaced hate.

I get it. There are broken and corrupt systems out there. But come on on guys; give it some time for facts out. If it’s fucked up and broken then, let’s go after it. Let’s do so based on the facts, not the blanks your mind filled in. The world may not be right now, but I thought we were better than this.
__________________
Choose a seat, not a side.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-18, 12:17 AM   #5990
DVD Talk Hero
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 27,701
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abob Teff View Post
I guess it shouldnít surprise me, but the reactions here really do surprise me. Iím not defending this woman by any stretch, but god damn ... you all need to wait for some actual facts to come in before jumping on your high horses.

Iím saying this as a ďfriendĒ (as much as one can be to people he has never met). Iíve had my share of healthy debates ó and some unhealthy ones ó on here, but at the end of the day I still respect each and every one of you. However the recent posts in this thread gives me some pause on that.

Maybe Iím having a more adverse reaction to the posts because of how fucked up I think the world is getting. Iím not saying any of you are wrong or right, Iím just asking that you go back to being rational people who have intelligent discussions based on facts. The last two pages have been filled with very little beyond speculative conjecture and outright misplaced hate.

I get it. There are broken and corrupt systems out there. But come on on guys; give it some time for facts out. If itís fucked up and broken then, letís go after it. Letís do so based on the facts, not the blanks your mind filled in. The world may not be right now, but I thought we were better than this.




Fox News reported that they found marijuana in his apartment, so there you go. The shooting was justified.


That's why folks kneel.
__________________
"Good for you for pointing out that I did indeed say that, which contradicts my later claim that I did not say it." - grundle
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-18, 12:29 AM   #5991
DVD Talk Legend
 
Abob Teff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Not necessarily Formerly known as Solid Snake
Posts: 18,172
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

I’m with you Blu ... that’s an example of a broken system and a damned good reason for people to kneel.

As I said, I am not defending her. From what I have read so far, she acted recklessly and should pay the appropriate price. But let her be hung by facts (which we still don’t have all of them yet), not wild internet opinions. It just diminishes your (generic “your”) credibility.

Finding marijuana has nothing to do with the matter at hand. I doubt they said that the shooting was justified for that, but let that destroy Fox News’s credibility, not yours.
__________________
Choose a seat, not a side.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-18, 01:56 AM   #5992
DVD Talk Hero
 
Josh-da-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Bible Belt
Posts: 29,020
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
Fox News reported that they found marijuana in his apartment, so there you go. The shooting was justified.
He was no angel...
__________________
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."

-- Lucius Annaeus Seneca
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-18, 01:56 AM   #5993
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Seattle and sometimes hell
Posts: 5,722
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abob Teff View Post
I guess it shouldnít surprise me, but the reactions here really do surprise me. Iím not defending this woman by any stretch, but god damn ... you all need to wait for some actual facts to come in before jumping on your high horses.

Iím saying this as a ďfriendĒ (as much as one can be to people he has never met). Iíve had my share of healthy debates ó and some unhealthy ones ó on here, but at the end of the day I still respect each and every one of you. However the recent posts in this thread gives me some pause on that.

Maybe Iím having a more adverse reaction to the posts because of how fucked up I think the world is getting. Iím not saying any of you are wrong or right, Iím just asking that you go back to being rational people who have intelligent discussions based on facts. The last two pages have been filled with very little beyond speculative conjecture and outright misplaced hate.

I get it. There are broken and corrupt systems out there. But come on on guys; give it some time for facts out. If itís fucked up and broken then, letís go after it. Letís do so based on the facts, not the blanks your mind filled in. The world may not be right now, but I thought we were better than this.
I don't know what you think is internet speculation vs facts but the actually facts that have come out should have every person that isn't a piece of shit up the wall.

Fact she was arrested three days after the murder and spent less than a day in jail given her time to delete her social media and clear out anything that might make her look bad from her home.

Fact the police sealed everything dealing with this murderer which include what they found in her home and anything they found out about her through witnesses or the net. Fact they release at least some of the stuff the found out about the victim including a bullshit about drugs and the murderer's statement that he didn't follow orders.

Fact this piece of crap cop took pictures with people in all lives matter shirts and with people throwing up kkk signs.

Fact this cop killed another guy less than a year a go. Most cops go their entire lives without killing anyone.

Fact this cop is being treated differently than any other person would in the same situation.

Fact she entered a home that wasn't hers and murdered the person inside. Fact the mistake was completely her fault.

Anyone telling anyone else they shouldn't be upset about the FACTS is a god damn moron at very least and probably a racist piece piece of crap that lacks basic empathy at the most. Since you failed to actually state what facts you have a problem with I don't know if that description fits you.

So what are the facts or internet speculation you have a problem with? Or if you think the facts I posted aren't facts why?

Right now you are sounding like the parrots that always pops up to say stupid shit any time a cop murders someone. Funny how more facts never come out about the cop. Only one side character assassination from the police.
__________________
"Truth has become unacceptable and dissent unpatriotic"
PS3 Tag: Baron-Of-Hell Steam: Baron_Of_Hell
SSBB: 4425-3985-1734 TWITTER: BaronOfHell
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-18, 08:35 AM   #5994
DVD Talk God
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Directionally Challenged (for DirecTV)
Posts: 121,696
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
He was no angel...
Let the smear the victim campaign begin....
__________________
"A question for you. Would you rather Bucknell make the NCAA's once every 20 years or so and get ass raped by teams like Kansas in the first round or have them drop down a rung to a confernce where they can compete for a title?"
- Josh Hinkle
1st Round Final Scores: Bucknell 64 Kansas 63 | Bucknell 59 Arkansas 55
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-18, 08:40 AM   #5995
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Rosemount, MN
Posts: 28,559
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Yeah, if Jean had shot first he would have been just fine


Remember kids, “more guns” is always the answer!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-18, 08:45 AM   #5996
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Seattle and sometimes hell
Posts: 5,722
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
I don't know what you think is internet speculation vs facts but the actually facts that have come out should have every person that isn't a piece of shit up the wall.

Fact she was arrested three days after the murder and spent less than a day in jail given her time to delete her social media and clear out anything that might make her look bad from her home.

Fact the police sealed everything dealing with this murderer which include what they found in her home and anything they found out about her through witnesses or the net. Fact they release at least some of the stuff the found out about the victim including a bullshit about drugs and the murderer's statement that he didn't follow orders.

Fact this piece of crap cop took pictures with people in all lives matter shirts and with people throwing up kkk signs.

Fact this cop killed another guy less than a year a go. Most cops go their entire lives without killing anyone.

Fact this cop is being treated differently than any other person would in the same situation.

Fact she entered a home that wasn't hers and murdered the person inside. Fact the mistake was completely her fault.

Anyone telling anyone else they shouldn't be upset about the FACTS is a god damn moron at very least and probably a racist piece piece of crap that lacks basic empathy at the most. Since you failed to actually state what facts you have a problem with I don't know if that description fits you.

So what are the facts or internet speculation you have a problem with? Or if you think the facts I posted aren't facts why?

Right now you are sounding like the parrots that always pops up to say stupid shit any time a cop murders someone. Funny how more facts never come out about the cop. Only one side character assassination from the police.
I will backtrack on one thing. Cops never said the drugs found were the victims, that was fox news. The cops also stated they found other stuff belong to the cop so it is possible the drugs belong to the cop. The other facts still stands and is worthy to be marching down the street in my opinion. Waiting for more info isn't going to make this situation any less messed up.
__________________
"Truth has become unacceptable and dissent unpatriotic"
PS3 Tag: Baron-Of-Hell Steam: Baron_Of_Hell
SSBB: 4425-3985-1734 TWITTER: BaronOfHell
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-18, 08:52 AM   #5997
DVD Talk Hero
 
inri222's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 42,669
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
Fox News reported that they found marijuana in his apartment, so there you go. The shooting was justified.
I also heard that he used to smoke with Philando and Trayvon.
__________________
I couldn't join a party that, frankly, tolerates members who are bigots for one thing. Homophobes, racists. You know, there's no way I could be a part of a party like that. Just no way.
- Ron Reagan Jr. on why he's not a republican
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-18, 10:21 AM   #5998
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Posts: 14,669
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

AT is just wrong. But that’s okay everybody is wrong on occasion.

My anger in this situation is that the whole “cops protecting one another” thing is so flagrant, and they extend the privilege even to the lousiest, least adequate cops. At least throw some of these lame wildebeasts to the fucking fire guys.

Sometimes it feels like they would protect a 300 lbs cop who raped an 8 year old on the 50 yard line of the Super Bowl.

It seems like when you’re a cop there is no crime flagrant enough to not earn you the magic cop protection. And it’s double frustrating to me because if I made a mistake of this caliber that would be it. I’d lose everything. My home, my money, my freedom.

Last edited by Mabuse; 09-14-18 at 10:27 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-18, 02:28 PM   #5999
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,582
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Yeah, if Jean had shot first he would have been just fine

http://twitter.com/jules_su/status/1040162553647620097

Remember kids, ďmore gunsĒ is always the answer!
It's pretty laughable.

The NRA portrays itself as anti-BLM, right? I'm thinking of the commercials that had footage of, what I believe, were BLM protests.

Had Botham Jean, a black man and an immigrant, shot and killed a white female police officer entering his apartment, Dana Loesch would NOT have supported him.
Just look at her explanation for why she and the NRA stayed silent about Philando Castille. I mean, technically she makes a point...she's all about following the laws to a "T." Okay, fine.

But when white conservatives break the law (see Bundy Ranch Standoff), she defends them.

Does she even blame the cop, or is she just saying that Jean would be alive had he been a gun owner and shot and killed the cop? Because yeah, he might be alive, but then he'd be in jail. Or shot and killed anyway when police arrived.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-18, 02:35 PM   #6000
DVD Talk God
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Directionally Challenged (for DirecTV)
Posts: 121,696
Re: The "Cops Behaving Badly" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by brayzie View Post
It's pretty laughable.


Does she even blame the cop, or is she just saying that Jean would be alive had he been a gun owner and shot and killed the cop? Because yeah, he might be alive, but then he'd be in jail. Or shot and killed anyway when police arrived.
It's Texas. So best case scenario is that he would get the death penalty.
__________________
"A question for you. Would you rather Bucknell make the NCAA's once every 20 years or so and get ass raped by teams like Kansas in the first round or have them drop down a rung to a confernce where they can compete for a title?"
- Josh Hinkle
1st Round Final Scores: Bucknell 64 Kansas 63 | Bucknell 59 Arkansas 55
  Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0